Okay, a bit glacial.
So after discussing the subject of sand skirts on the Rubicon forum, I attached the sand skirts.
One thing to note on the above photographs is the position of the Glacis plate. I glued it on far too high, there is a large gap between the bottom of the plate and the sand shield/mud guard fixing. So I had to remove it and re fix it nearer the correct position. Unfortunately this left a gap at the top. I used a piece of micro strip to fill in the gap at the top (the white line on subsequent pictures).
I then drilled locating holes and added armatures (square section plastic rod/tube) and fixing points for stowage. I also added two Bolt Action British helmets, hanging from the turret lifting rings. I think that they should be proper tanker type helmets, but they are not available ready made.