Sunday, January 31, 2021

Oathmark Odyssey part one

So there I was, watching the snow falling in lockdown 3.1, and I looked at the Oathmark/Frostgrave figures I had assembled (and occasionally painted) and thought “I need to get away from all this snow and cold”.

Prompted by a blog post by Joe McCullogh (Spoiler) I borrowed a time machine and went back to… 2010.

Immortal Miniatures introduced a range of injection moulded plastic Greek Hoplites at Salute 2010. At the time there were three boxes:

Ancient Greek Hoplites


Classical Greek Hoplites

Spartan Hoplites

I love the price on those old boxes.

At the time, injection moulded 28mm figures for wargaming (beyond Games Workshop) was very new (that is my only excuse for the Perry's SOTR boxes I bought). So I bought all three (possibly over a couple of Salutes). And then they languished in my plastic figures pile for ten years.

Warlord Games purchased the range and they are still available. Wargames Illustrated number 398 (February 2021) had an Ancient Greek Hoplite sprue on the cover.