Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Westwind Stug Mech part two

So, as I mentioned the Westwind Stugmech had the feet attached to a base. I cut them off with a razor saw. I drilled through the hole in the foot to take the locating pin.
To attach the hip joint, I drilled through the ball joint out through the outer part of the leg. As you can see I have pushed a brass rod through to demonstrate. I then removed the rod and placed the hip joint against the pelvis sockets. I then drilled through from the outside. This was then used to pin the hip joint. The foot was then placed in position on the ankle ball joint and again drilled through from the underside, pinned and glued,
Once one leg was in place, the other leg was pinned at the hip and the foot attached to match.
The Stugmech with William Killian for scale.

A  Warlord Games Galahad armoured infantry suit.

A Westwind SOTR British Steel armoured infantryman.
A Westwind SOTR M100 Comanche walker
A Warlord Games SDKFZ 234/2 Puma armoured car.
 A Warlord Grizzly for scale.