Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Rubicon Waffenträger - Breech detailing

Though the interior of the Waffenträger turret is very small, I have started work on adding some details such as the guard protecting the gunner from the recoiling breech.
I positioned the separate spent round buffer then drilled the holes (the one in the trunnion parallel to the barrel much deeper than required) in the parts. I then bent a piece of 0.7mm brass rod into a right angle, the short end being slightly longer than the distance between the back of the trunnion and the hole in the spent round buffer. I could then assemble the three parts at once with Superglue. Once set, the long end of the rod was cut back to the bottom of the spent round buffer.

Once I have the mounting point assembled in the turret I can add the gun sight to the barrel assembly.