Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Cabin In The Woods

With the publication of Crooked Dice's 7ombieTV, I thought I would dig out the Perry Miniatures North American Farmhouse. It has sat, unloved on a shelf in undercoat, for a couple of years.

So, over the Chaos Black undercoat I painted the walls Vallejo Old Wood, washed in a mix of Vallejo black and GW Gryphonne Sepia. The doors and windows are Vallejo Buff with a another black/sepia wash. Chimney basecoated in Vallejo Burnt Umber, with bricks highlighted with various colours and a wash of black. The roof is a mix of reds and browns over a Black Grey base coat.

The kit comes with a selection of fence bits which will need looking at. I also need to build a suitable outhouse and a garage. I am not sure how I am going to make it fit in with the style of the farmhouse.

A variant kit is also available in the form of a replacement for the wall with a chimney that converts the model into a shop. I am going to build it to provide the buildings for other 7ombieTV games.