Thursday, May 9, 2019

We Demand More... Shrubbery!

After pondering the decision on leaves or no leaves, and putting the question out to the Lead Adventures Forum, I decided that it was going to be leaves.

The first task was to reduce the fluffiness of the poly fibre.

Here is the before.
I reduced the amount of fibre, it looked like by a half by the amount I put back in the box.
One of the things I did notice was that against my normal grey background the fibre foliage was rather opaque, however if I looked at it silhouetted against the window it was a lot less dense, so here is the same tree against a white background.
Many years ago I bought a packet of "Mid Green" leaves by the The Little Leaf Company. from Green Scene at a local model railway show,

The packet contains very small flat pieces of material in a nice mid green colour.

I applied PVA with a large paintbrush to the poly fibre to areas then added the leaves to the poly fibre.



Here is the tree against a white background.




I need to spray the tree with a fixative to try and keep the leaves in place.