Thursday, May 30, 2019

Rubicon T26 Soviet Light Tank - part two

Having assembled the tank, started with some minor modifications.

The rear turret machine gun was deleted from the T26 design in January 1939. I cut the moulding down as flat as I could, then filed it further flat. Milliput was then used to smooth the rear surface of the turret. One of the structures on the turret roof does not appear in the illustrations I have found. I removed it with a combination of a sharp scalpel and wet and dry.
What appears to be the commander's periscope has an open top. I drilled it out to 1.5mm then shaped a piece of 1.6mm rod to fit. Holes were drilled on the mudguards and 1.0mm plastic rod added to help secure greenstuff soft stowage.
The tank was undercoated with Citadel Chaos Black. This was then sprayed with Humbrol Dark Green.