Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Survivor Shack

Sarissa Precision have recently added a Survivor Shack to their post apocalypse range.

The building is made from a combination of MDF and greyboard, cleanly laser cut.

Assembly was without a problem. As supplied, the roof is made of greyboard, and there are pieces of pre-cut greyboard to make patches. I initially decided thatI would cover it in roofing felt/tar paper using the traditional method of pea glue and tissue paper.

I then decided that I had better ask on the Lead Adventures Forum what kind of roofing material was more common.

The consensus was corrugated iron.

So I had a look through my stock of Slaters plastikard and found what I thought was 7mm scale corrugated iron. I cut it into strips and epoxied it to the main part of the roof and the extension. I then found that it was 4mm scale corrugated iron. Citadel Typhus Corrosion textured paint was used to add some areas of, well corrosion.

The building was sprayed with Halfords Grey acrylic paint followed by Halfords black spray. The floors were painted with Vallejo Old Wood and the walls dry brushed with the same colour and Citadel Mechanicum Standard Grey. A final light dry brush of Citadel Terminatus Stone was used to highlight the edges. It was then given a wash of Citadel Agrax Earthshade.

The roof was misted with Citadel Mechanicum Standard Grey. The rust patches were drybrushed with Citadel Ryza Rust and then washed with Citadel Agrax Earthshade.
Photographed under flash.

There is a door, but I have not painted it yet.

Roof, showing the corrugated iron main roof and roofing felt veranda roof.
Interior view.

Side vie.
Other side view.