Saturday, January 26, 2019

Dinky Daimler Armoured Car

A very long time ago I was given a Dinky Armoured Car . It had sat in a box with many other childhood toys for many years.

I think it was at Warfare 2013 I picked up a Warlord Games Daimler MkI armoured car. In 2014 I actually got round to assembling it and posted about it. At the time, I mentioned that somewhere I had the Dink toy one.

Now the Warlord one has accumulated a bit of dust (and I still have not added any decals - even though I have some from the Warlord Guards Armoured Division set).

Here are some photographs of the two vehicles.
I had always assumed that Dinky models were 1/43 scale (O-Gauge, 7mm to the foot), but as you can see they are slightly smaller than what is supposed to be 1/56 scale.
The "tactical sign" on the Dinky model may well be a post war version.
The spare wheel is not glued to the Warlord model, and had fallen off (and I had not noticed it when taking the photographs).
William Killian again for scale.
The underside of the armoured car.