Sunday, November 11, 2018

German Telephone Box - the model

As mentioned in the previous post, I had been looking at using a Blotz Phone Box #1  as a West German telephone box. You need to download the instructions from the Blotz site, but as you can see, the model is very simple.
I initially assembled it with the roof, interior and door separate. I undercoated it with Halfords Grey Spray Primer. The plan was then to underoat the main body, roof and door with white spray followed by a yellow spray. Unfortunately I had run out of white, and the two cans of yellow had dumped their gas over the years since I bought them. So it was out with the brush.

The box from the previous post was identified as a TelH78 box. It has a rounded roof and round cornered windows. The roof piece was glued in place (having checked I could get the interior in and out) and sanded to shape. In the photograph they look rather rough, I might have a go at sanding them again. When I have another go at one of these, I will use Milliput to get a better curve.

There was nothing I could do to change the window shape, though I might ask Blotz if they want to do Telephone Boxes of the World.
A couple of Soviet Troops (Underfire with Empress head and an Empress Chechen Russian) for scale with a Sarissa Small Terraced House.



A simple piece of street furniture that gives a time and place (okay early 'eighties Germany onward).