Sunday, December 24, 2023

Wiglaf Miniatures Warlord

 Because I need another range and scale of figures like I need my head ventilated, may I present the first Wiglaf Miniatures 18mm 7th Century Anglo-Saxons. I picked them up from North Star (Warlord and Followers 1).

The figure was cleanly cast with some slight mould marks that were easily removed with the edge of a half round file. It is based on a Renedra 20mm round base. The puddle base was blended in with milliput.
The cloak, shield and crest are Citadel Mephiston Red. The wolfskin was Vallejo London Grey, All metal parts (including the mail) was Vallejo Black Grey. Weapon edges and metal highlighting was Vallejo London Grey.
Belt, Seax scabbard and shield handle was Citadel Mournfang Brown. The boots were Citadel Catachan Flesh. Leggings, such and sleeves were Citadel Steel Legion Drab.



Now to paint the rest of them and the Copplestone Casting "Picts".