Thursday, July 11, 2019

HLBSCo Spartan APC

Back in 2017 at Salute I bought the HLBSCo 1/48 scale CVR(T) Spartan from Empress.

I had been nagging Empress about producing one to go with their Scimitar since at least 2013.

This was the first HLBSCo vehicle I had bought, and I was disappointed by the model.
The kit is similar in form to some of the Warlord resin vehicles, with white metal running gear.
There appears to have been a change in the supplied components compared to the instructions (the instructions show stub axles on the lower hull to take the separate wheels).
 You can also see the stub axles protruding from the sprocket and idler wheels, with no matching sockets in the one piece hull moulding.

There are large resin blocks with the tools, lights and fire extinguishers on, that will be a pain to separate.

The separate wheels will need to be aligned carefully (there is no indication on the hull where the wheels should go.
I do have a second Empress Scimitar kit, I am wondering if the running gear from that would fit (and if I could buy a second set from Empress).