Sunday, September 17, 2017

Colours 2017

So it is that time of year again, so it was off to Newbury Racecourse for Colours. The convenience of the station opposite was slightly spoiled by the train set owner closing the line after 1400 (they are converting from clockwork to electric or something).

What was noticeable was the absences this year. This slightly spoilt my buy list, but never mind.

Crooked Dice had a nice selection of items (unfortunately I did not get the secret base set, too heavy). There were some new MDF and resin scenery items including a set of bunk beds. Photographs when I start building and painting them.

On my buy list was the new Rubicon Models Jeep. Even though I was there early I could not find any at the usual suspects. Having given up, I found one (of two) on the Great Escape stand. More on Jeeps later.

I had a rather badly written list of figures I wanted from Empress. This included their new "universal" figures in generic uniform with Soviet/Russian weapons. They can be ordered with a range of heads. Perfect for ImagiNation armies. I had forgotten to add the Mutton Chop British infantry suitable for Operation Sealion.

On the subject of Sealion, I bought one of their Spanish Civil War Panzer IB with 20mm cannon.
I also bought one of their new Jeeps, not for WW2 but for later conflicts.
 Scale shops with William Killian (the wheels are just blutacked on)
 The jeep is scaled at 1/50 rather than 1/56, so it is bigger than the Warlord one.
The Rubicon one is also scaled at 1/56 (you might be able to see it inside its bag).
Simple Miniature Games had an offer on Halifax box sets, so I took advantage of the offer to buy some more Resurectionists and other figures. Admittedly the "Stitched Together" was bought for looks rather than utility.

Spectre Miniatures had their new Technical upgrades on sale so I bought a number of them and a Technical Bravo that they had sold out of at Salute.

Technical Bravo is a more modern version with a four door body and shortened cargo space.
 This is a comparison with the SUV, also from Spectre.
This is the Spectre Technical Bravo compared to the Empress Technical.