Sunday, July 7, 2013

For the Greater Good... Part Two

So, on Thursday I visited my my local purveyor of plastic and resin and had another chat, mainly about the recently released Space Pixies. However, slightly inspired (and having chatted about painting techniques), I was inspired to revisit the Firewarriors that I undercoated back in April (Glaciers are always rushing around in my opinion).

So, I decided to paint through one figure to come up with a coherent paint scheme that I could complete before all the stars go out.

So I started with an base coat of Humbrol 93 Desert Sand spray, followed by some filling with Humbrol 93 acrylic.
 I then used GW Scorched Brown to paint the under suit, and Vallejo Black for the Tau logo, vent and the handley bit on the bottom of the backpack, face plate and the circular bit on the gun. You may notice that this is a different figure, yes, I forgot to photograph the base coated figure...
 I then dry brushed with Karak Stone followed by Dheneb Stone (a colour that will be sadly missed).
 I then washed the whole figure with GW Flesh Wash (in the old hexagonal bottles, I have some very ancient paints).
 Another drybrush, this time with Humbrol 93. The lenses were then painted whte then Blood Red. The Tau logo was repainted. The base was then given a coat of Wilko Wood Adhesive and then piled Woodland Scenics Ballast Light Grey Fine over the adhesive. It will be painted later (Graveyard Earth or its equivalent).


It is not going to win a Golden Demon, but once the base is painted it will be playable.

So, I now have a plan, but how long will it be until I have an army to fight For The Greater God...