Monday, August 31, 2020

Desirable Property - Small Dacha

As discussed earlier, I was looking for some suitable buildings for Zona Alfa and noticed some photographs of dacha I took a number of years ago.

Sarissa Precision do a range of 28mm scale Russian buildings, one of which is a Russian Village House #2.


The kit comes as two sheets of MDF and a small sheet of laser cut greyboard.


For the modern look I was after, and because one of the occasional rules on Dacha is the absence of permanent permanent heating, I used Slater's Corrugated Iron embossed plastic sheet over the supplied MDF roof (skipping the chimney components).
The dacha I saw tended to be pastel coloured, unfortunately the Vallejo grey blue has turned out a bit bright
There are some areas that need retouching, and the whole thing needs to be weathered.