Saturday, August 29, 2020

Not Colours 2020 - part one

What with "One thing or the Other", Colours (along with a lot of other things) has been cancelled.

Having been inspired by my recent purchase of Oathmark and the release of Frostgrave II (though that is a story for another day), I put in an order to North Star for a quantity of Oathmark and Frostgrave goodies (plus lots of bases).

 As I have posted previously, I am basing my human sized Oathmark and Frostgrave figures on Renedra round bases (they are nicer for skirmish games). Oathmark works on 25mm square bases with five figures per rank.

Renedra have two sets of "sabot" bases for 25mm round figure bases, one of two ranks (ten figures) and one of four ranks (twenty figures)
 You get two sprues (four sabot bases) per pack.

Even the Gnolls (probably the most unruly of the Frostgrave figures) sit nicely in the sabot base (even if the "officer" is slightly out of position on the overhead view).