Monday, September 21, 2020

Zona Alfa Vermin - Anvil Industries Rat Swarm

 So, one of the dangers in The Zone are swarms of vermin.

Now Anvil Industries do a Rat Swarm as a sprue in fine resin. There are three large blocks, one medium block and four small groups of rats.

I bought four packs, and built four bases from each sprue. These were based on Renedra 25mm round bases. I added a few bits of MDF blocks to add to the urban feel of the bases.
I used my "Super glue pool" method, where I put a large pool of super glue on the base, add the figure(s) and any scenery then sprinkle Woodland Scenics Fine Ballast. This tends not to get the ballast on the figures, which I find happens when I add PVA glue later. The edges were filled in with a PVA glue and applied ballast.

They were undercoated with Citadel Chaos Black and the ground painted with Humbrol 29 Dark Earth.
It is difficult to tell, but the rat's bodies were painted with Citadel Dryad Bark, the tails Citadel Bugman Glow and the bricks Vallejo Mahogany Sand. Everything was dry brushed with Citadel Terminatus Stone. The rats were washed with Citadel Nuln Oil and the bases with Citadel Agrax Earthshade.
So, sixteen bases of vermin to annoy those entering into The Zone (or feed the horrors in the forest).