Monday, September 21, 2020

Anvil Industries - Not Colours 2020

So, because Colours (along with just about everything else) has been cancelled, I put in an order with Anvil Industries (that had been waiting for a few years...).

A Long Time Ago, on a Blog Post Far, Far Away... I built and painted a number of figures for Space Opera games. What I needed was some brave but ultimately doomed troops to accompany the heroes.

So, I ordered two five person fire teams from Anvil.

Female fire team.

I chose PMC helmeted heads, load vest bodies, fatigue arms and PMC legs. I went with the ams that were compatible with the male arms, so I could mix and match the weapons.
 
Male fire team
For these, I chose Jungle Fighter helmets, load vest torsos, PMC legs and Fatigue arms.

For the guns, I chose Phase Rifles and Phase Carbines. I also ordered a pack of the MG42 machine guns.

There is a sprue of Hasslefree MP5s for scale. The Anvil weapons are rather large compared to 28mm Modern figure weapons.
I also ordered one of their Big Dog robots. It will be something to rescue in Zona Alfa games.

And on the subject of Zona Alfa, I needed some Vermin, and Anvil do a nice set of rats.


I also added a mega pack of pouches, some more Gothic Void heads and some pauldrons for my Gnolls.