Monday, October 29, 2018

Blotz Spawning Pool

At SELWG I noticed while buying some of Blotz's Crashed Spaceship scenery (qv) that they also had a Spawning Pool. I was not sure whether I was going to use it for Ghost Archipelago or as a large planter for Modern games.

It comes as a single medium sheet of MDF (the curved edges are a nice touch).
Assembly is slightly complicated as you need to  get the four components that make up the inner walls assembled in your hands before you can fit them in the base. Once those are in place (I would recommend letting the glue set) it is slightly easier to get the four pieces that make up the outer wall aligned.

I filled the bottom with Woodland Scenics Cinder ballast over PVA.

Once assembled and the glue was dried, I sprayed it with Rustoleum Rust effect paint for texture. Due to having used most of my Halfords Grey Spray Primer on the Sarissa Mini Mart, I then sprayed it with Halfords Black Spray Primer to cover over the strange metal effect. I was going to use Army Painter Skeleton Bone spray, but the nozzle was clogged up again so I used Citadel Zandri Dust followed by a spray from above of Humbrol Desert Tan.

The whole thing was then washed with Citadel Agrax Earhshade,
A couple of unfinished Snake Men for scale.

Overall a nice simple piece of scenery.