Sunday, October 21, 2018

SELWG Show - Crystal Palace 21 October 2018

So for the first time since 2006, I visited the South East London Wargames Group show at Crystal Palace. Network Rail had their train set in bits so the journey included a magical mystery bus tour.

Held in the large sports hall and adjacent level, it is a lot roomier than some of the other shows I visit.
Crooked Dice provided all the stuff I forgot at Colours (and in the case of the Interceptor, another one).

Mantic had the Walking Dead Wave 5 boosters, but due to a loading issue, no Wave 5 expansion - I ordered one and the "Here's Negan" stand alone board game.

Having bought a telephone box from Blotz at Colours, I bought a number of their crashed ship scenery.

Sarissa had a stand there and I added some more buildings for my forthcoming The Walking Dead: All Out War solo campaigns.

As has become apparent in recent years, a number of old faces are no longer attending the smaller shows, hopefully that is something that will be reversed.

With the wonderful weather, and having finished in the show I decided to go an revisit the famous dinosaurs in the park.
The "Dinosaur Doctors" were out in force working on the historic grade one listed Victorian statues.