Saturday, May 1, 2021

Retro-Moment: RTB-01 Space Marines.

 Earlier today I posted a comparison between what I termed a "Classic" Space Marine (non Primaris) and the new Spacegrave figures. Someone made a comment about the Lead Adventures marine being too modern, so here are some RTB-01 marines from very way back when.

They are mainly the original blue plastic figures, though I know there are probably some of the flesh coloured ones as well. If you peer at the photograph above, you can see the blue plastic where one (of two) of them has had the rocket launcher removed for use with the third and fourth generation Ultramarines. I have not started to cannibalise them for the mark six heads - I still have a few RTB-01 sprues left.

William Killian for scale.
When I based them, I was going through a "slotta bases are evil" phase. The circular bases were punched out from plastic card using a sharpened piece of conduit. After I lost access to a band sander, I started cutting square bases.
They lack back packs because I did not like them very much.