Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Salute 2019 - part two

Last year I bought the Gunfight at Red Oak starter set for Wild West Exodus.

Each player is supposed to have an action deck of 48 cards, which have a set amount of Action Points on each card. Disappointingly, the starter set contains only one pack of those cards, so you either share the pack, or split the pack and remove the single five Action Point card. This is unlike the Malifaux starter set, which comes with a set of Fate cards for both players (and two tape measures). Red Oak does have a printed rules book though.

As there are very few places to buy Wild West Exodus, I had to wait until Salute to buy another pack of the cards direct from the publisher Wayland Games.
Now I have the second pack, I might get round to playing the game.

In addition, I bought two sets of plastic figures, one of Gunslingers and Sharpshooters to back up the Earps, the other some bandits to back up the James gang.