Sunday, May 20, 2018

TTCombat - Sandstorm Dwelling

TTCombat do a range of MDF buildings including the new SF-Utopia Sandstorm range.

I bought the SFU-51 Sandstorm Dwelling at Salute. The building is simple to construct (the instructions are available here). However I seem to have had trouble getting the joints to close correctly. The dome is an MDF frame with a card cover, and that did not join up smoothly. So it was out with the milliput (I have spotted two joints I still need to fill).

The building is hollow, but without a bottom. There is no lift off rod (the dome is separate).

There is one large door (I have removed the door itself but there is a solid panel behind it - I will paint that black later).
I still need to sand the milliput.

Still some work to go on this, and that is before I spray it with textured paint.