Sunday, October 4, 2026

Warhammer Tone Pro Test piece

 Games Workshop are about to release their new concept paints (as Warhammer not Citadel).

The Pro Tone range comprises 30 groups of five tones (similar to the Triad system).

At my local shop, they had some of the paints and some figures to try them on.


I got to try them out on a Primaris Space Marine (with a flamer).

The paint coverage was good, the colour appearing bright with just one coat.

The paints also work well as dry brush colours. 

The yellow is a bit weak because I did not start with a dry brush (having washed the blue off).


Once the time was up, you got to keep the figure (this is the only Primaris figure I own, the introduction of this upscaled figures superseding the original ones being one of the reasons I stopped buying GW).

This is the first GW figure I have applied paint to for a long time, and I have no idea if it will progress from here.